Raster to Vector is a separate program that converts scanned drawings, maps and raster images into accurate vector files (like-DXF, HPGL, WMF, EMF etc) for editing in any image.
A raster to vector converter converts a raster image to a vector image. it basically Convert Bitmap Images To Clean Vector Art. repeatedly convert bitmap images like JPEG, GIF and PNG to the crisp, clean, scalable vector art of EPS, SVG, and PDF with the world’s best auto-tracing software.
Generally, main different is input and out file. Normally, input raster image formats are BMP, JPG, TIF, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, RLE, JPE, J2K, JAS, JBG, MNG and more. And output vector formats are DXF, HPGL, EMF, WMF and others.
How to do Raster To Vector:
- Make center lines and outlines.
- Outline solid raster areas.
- Color, Gray and black & white images vectorization
- Increase or decrease color brightness and contrast
- Tracing raster lines, arcs, circles, arrow lines, dash lines, polylines, hatches on monochrome, grayscale or color images
- Automatic correction is restoring of intersections, aligning, joining remains, joining fragments to line, arc, circle and polyline
- Scale images in the X & Y directions to make them larger or smaller
- Removing low sized vector objects, correction of recognized texts
- Remove speckles of color to make colors more unvarying
- Automatically unbend images to a reference line
- Can adjust tolerance levels
- Drag and Drop supported
- Batch processing
Why need raster to vector images:
You will probably be able to load a raster image into your Illustrator software that can import and display raster images normally. However, once you have imported a raster image into your CAD program you will find that all you can do is look at it or trace over it. You will not be competent to make any changes to it.
This is because adobe illustrator can work with vectors. If you desire to edit a raster image in your illustrator software then you must first convert it to a vector image.
To do this, you must either redraw the raster image manually using your CAD program or a dedicated redrawing program; get a manual redrawing service to redraw it for you; or use raster to vector conversion software. Raster to vector software attempts to convert the raster image to vector automatically.
Formerly you have converted the raster image to a vector image and saved it as a vector file you will be able to import it into your CAD or CNC program and edit it.
Who needs raster to vector images:
You never do logos in photoshop or any other software unless everything you do is either on the web or in full color. Even it’s rare to create any attractive images like- logo design , business card design, poster design, brochure design etc without vectorization as well as raster to vector images.